How to undo Deleted Texts on iPhone?
- "Can you undo deleting a whole text message conversation on iPhone 3gs?
I had a conversation on my phone from the day I bought it between me and my boyfriend, it had everything there, and as you all know (people who have iPhones, it keeps the whole conversation) well, i just accidently deleted it :(, and now I can’t stop crying, is there any way to get it back? " - Asked by Mustang
"So basically I was on iTunes and my phone was connected .. and I pressed "restore" and didn’t know it was gonna delete everything... for some reason i thought it was going to restore my songs, but now i lost all my contacts, texts, etc etc ...is there a way I can undo this? " - Asked by Lauren
It's actually a pity to delete all the text messages on the iPhone by accident, particularly these significant and important to you. If you actually want to undo these deleted iPhone texts, remember not to synchronize your iPhone with iTunes once again when you found text messages deleted, just because a new sync may remove all the lost text messages. Additionally, without having a backup, don't use your iPhone for anything; you can still recover deleted text messages directly from iPhone before they're overwritten.
Steps to undo deleted iPhone text messages
Get an iPhone text recovery program before you start anything else. Cannot find one? Here is a recommendation: Dr.Fone for iOS (Mac) or Dr.Fone for iOS (Windows), a dependable and powerful deleted iPhone text recovery software.
Both data recovery software can assist you retrieve deleted texts on iPhone by extracting iTunes backup, including the texts you have sent and received. Additionally, it enables you to preview the lost texts before you decide to recover, regardless of you're using iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, 4, 3GS or the earlier versions. Wondershare Dr.Fone can also let you retrieve text messages directly from iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS.
Download the free trial version below to have a try.
No matter you deleted text messages on the iPhone or lost the iPhone, you can use either of the programs to really get your text messages back within 2 steps. If you don't have iTunes backup, Wondershare Dr.Fone can directly scan and recover your texts from iPhone. Next, take Wondershare Dr.Fone (Mac) as an example.
Step 1. Choose a recovery mode
Install and run the program on your Mac, and you'll get the user interface as follow. First of all you have to do is to select recovery mode.
Then choose a recovery mode. If you want to extract your iTunes backup for previous texts, select "Recover from iTunes Backup File"; if you want to directly scan your iPhone, select "Recover from iOS Device".
Step 2. Extract iTunes backup or directly scan iPhone
To extract iTunes backup, you need to choose a backup first. Usually choose the one with a recent date. Then click "Start Scan" to extract it.
Directly undo deleted texts on iPhone, need scan your iPhone, connect it to your Mac first. There are two kinds of situations:
1. If you use iPhone 5/4S, directly click "Start Scan" to fully scan your device for lost data on it.
2. If you use iPhone 4/3GS, you need to follow the steps on the window below to enter the device's scanning mode. Then the program will automatically scan your iPhone for deleted imessage on it.
Follow the steps below to enter the scan mode:
1. Hold your iPhone and click "Start" button.
2. Pressing "Power" and "Home" buttons simultaneously for 10 seconds.
3. Right after 10 seconds, release "Power" button, but keep holding "Home" for another 15 seconds until you have the message of successfully entering.
Step 3. Preview and undo deleted texts on iPhone
The scan will certainly finish within a few seconds. And then all of the previous contents of your iPhone will be shown here, including text messages, contacts, call history, notes, photos, video and calendar. You are able to preview every one of them one by one and recover them all with 1 click. In case you only want text messages back, you can only check "Messages" to recover.
To avoid losing your important text messages, immediate backup is essential and useful. Do remember to backup them on your computer well.
Tags: undo deleted texts iPhone, restore deleted texts iPhone, undo deleted texts on iPhone, retrieve deleted texts on iPhone
Ready to try or buy?
For Windows User: comments powered by Disqus
Mobile Device Tools
- Recover deleted SMS from iPhone
- Recover deleted photos from iPhone
- Recover deleted Video from iPhone 4S
- iPhone Call History Recovery
- Recover iPhone Contacts
- Find Lost iPhone Contacts
- iPhone Calendar Recovery
- Recover Notes from iPhone
- Recover iPhone MMS
- iPhone Backup Extractor
- Recover iMessage from iPhone
- iPhone Voice Memo Recovery
- Recover deleted data from iPad
- Export SMS from iPhone
- Undo deleted texts on iPhone
- Restore iPhone Contacts
- Recycle Bin on iPhone
- Print Text Messages from iPhone
- Transfer iPhone SMS to Mac
- ios 7 iPhone news